Durian fruit is large and has a spiky hard outer shell. It is a tropical fruit that grows in Southeast Asian countries. The fruit is delicious and beneficial for health.
We have to say the durian is very easy to eat, but you need to be mindful that durian has a strong odor and can be spooky to some people. So, it’s just best to keep it at home and not in public.
Durian Is Rich in Vitamins & Minerals
Durian is rich in several vitamins and minerals that can help boost the blood flow and provide the nutrients needed for the overall health of the body.
It is rich in vitamin C, beta carotene, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, protein, and potassium. It is also rich in calcium, iron, manganese, copper, zinc, vitamin B6, vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin B1, and vitamin B2.
The Health Benefits of Durian Fruit
Lowers Blood Sugar
This excellent source of potassium, fiber, and Vitamin B6 can lower blood pressure when eaten with meals. The fiber in the durian will ease digestion and decrease blood cholesterol. As for vitamin B6, it will help prevent blood sugar surges and blood clotting.
Promotes Good Digestion
Several studies have found that the fiber in durian helps ease bad breath, bloating, constipation, and bloating. It also prevents overeating and makes you feel full. The fruit also contains Vitamin C, a mineral that regulates the digestive process. It will also boost your immune system.
Enhances Immune Function
This tropical fruit is known to boost the body’s immunity. The vitamin B1, which is found in durian, provides a boost to the immune system. The fiber helps break down food, leaving it easier to absorb. According to a study published in the journal International Journal of Obesity, high fiber diets can improve the body’s absorption of iron, making iron supplements unnecessary. This helps in the production of red blood cells and iron-rich blood. Due to its high levels of tannins and its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, durian fruit is recommended as an immune system builder.
Cleanses the Colon
Fiber is an important part of your diet as it helps to remove toxins from the colon and allows toxins to be flushed out. The fiber in durian also helps stimulate the digestive enzymes in the digestive system to break down the waste. As a result, the colon is cleansed and can be readied for more effective absorption of nutrients.
The fiber in durian helps keep your skin young and supple. The polyphenols in durian have anti-aging properties. Durian is also known to have anti-aging properties as it fights diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases.
Aids Weight Loss
The high fiber content of durian can slow down the absorption of food in the body, which increases metabolism. This ultimately helps in weight loss. For example, The Arthritis Foundation reported that a high fiber diet can decrease waistline size.
Some other health benefits
- The natural vitamin B3 and vitamin C content of durian fruit can help enhance vitamin absorption and promote healthy growth in infants and young children.
- Durian fruit aids in digestion due to its high levels of fiber. It can also help regulate blood sugar levels, hence supporting weight control.
- Durian fruit contains natural laxative properties, which aid in the normal elimination of toxins from the body.
- The flavor and aroma of durian fruit may improve sexual performance.
- Durian is also high in antioxidants. Antioxidants are important because they help to prevent free radicals from wreaking havoc on the body’s cells, which can cause several diseases and conditions, including cancer.
- Durian’s low levels of saturated fats and cholesterol make it a heart-healthy fruit.
- The Vitamin B content of durian makes it an excellent treatment for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.
- When you eat the flesh, some of the nutrients are absorbed into your bloodstream and feed your organs. The fruit also has a high content of fiber, which feeds your entire digestive system.
Side effects of durian Fruit
With all these health benefits, what is not to love about durian fruit? But, there is a catch.
As durian fruit is very addictive, you might suffer from its adverse effect if consumed in large quantities. It can give you a stomach ache and can also lead to heartburn.
The seeds of durian fruit should also be removed before consumption as they can cause gas.
Durian fruit is high in nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. It is very healthy for our body. Durian fruit is a rich source of vitamins C and B6, which are important for metabolism. Vitamin C is needed to boost energy and vitamin B6 helps convert food to energy.