Product Introduction of Cedon 200mg Tablet DT
Cedon 200mg Tablet DT is a medication that is primarily used in the treatment of bacterial infections. The active ingredient in Cedon 200mg Tablet DT is Cefpodoxime, which is classified as a cephalosporin antibiotic. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria and therefore helping to alleviate and eventually eliminate the infection.
The product works by binding to the bacterial cells and preventing them from creating their cell walls. This process eventually leads to the death of the bacterial cells, hence stopping or slowing down the spread of infection.
Cedon 200mg Tablet DT should be taken as directed by the doctor, usually every 12 hours for a specific duration of time to ensure the infection is completely cleared and to prevent recurring. It’s important to remember not to stop taking the medication prematurely, even if symptoms have improved, as this could lead to the bacteria becoming resistant to the drug.
The product may sometimes cause side effects such as diarrhea, nausea, or headaches so it’s important to contact your doctor if these persist or worsen. This medication is typically safe for adults and children, but should be used under the supervision and guidance of a healthcare professional.
Please note that this medication should not be used by people with severe kidney disease, pregnant or breastfeeding women without getting advice from the doctor.
Uses of Cedon 200mg Tablet DT
Cedon 200mg Tablet DT is an antibiotic medication, its primary use is to fight against different types of bacterial infections. This medication is prescribed for various conditions including pneumonia, bronchitis, urinary tract infections, gonorrhea, and ear, nose, throat, skin, or intestinal infections. Cedon 200mg Tablet DT works by stopping the growth of the bacteria causing the infections.
It is very important to take this medication exactly as prescribed by the doctor, for the complete duration of the treatment even if the symptoms improve, to ensure that the infection is completely cleared and to prevent the bacteria from becoming resistant.
Side effects might include diarrhoea, nausea, abdominal pain, etc. These are usually mild but let your doctor know if they are severe or do not go away. It may also cause dizziness and sleepiness, so do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus.
Please note that antibiotics will not work for viral infections such as the common cold. Using any antibiotic when it is not needed can cause it to not work for future infections. Always consult with a healthcare professional for accurate information.
Benefits of Cedon 200mg Tablet DT
Cedon 200mg Tablet DT is an antibiotic medicine that is primarily used for treating bacterial infections. Here are some benefits of using this medicine:
1. Effective Antibacterial Agent: It helps in treating different types of bacterial infections including urinary tract infections, skin infections, bone infections, and others.
2. Broad Spectrum: Since it is a broad-spectrum antibiotic, it can be used against a variety of bacteria, thus proving beneficial against a series of infections.
3. Easy to Use: It is designed to be easy to administer, often taken by mouth. This means it can be used in outpatient settings, without the need for hospitalized treatment.
4. Rapid Action: It works by killing bacteria or preventing their growth, thereby eliminating the infection.
5. Prevention: It can also be used preventively in some cases, like before surgeries, to reduce the risk of bacterial infections.
6. Suitable for All: It can be prescribed to adults and children, and the dosage can be adjusted accordingly.
However, it’s important to note that Cedon 200mg should only be used under medical prescription, as inappropriate usage can lead to antibiotic resistance or potential side effects.
How to Use Cedon 200mg Tablet DT
Cedon 200mg Tablet DT is an antibiotic medication used to treat a variety of bacterial infections. Here’s how to use it:
1. Dosage: Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully regarding the dosage. Don’t take more or less than what is recommended.
2. Method: This tablet is to be swallowed and can typically be taken with or without food. However, for better absorption, it can be best taken at a fixed time. Don’t chew, crush or break it, unless directed by your doctor. In case of dispersible tablets (DT), dissolve it in a small amount of liquid (as directed) before taking it.
3. Course Completion: Complete the course of the medicine even if your symptoms improve before the due date. Stopping it too soon can lead to the return or worsening of symptoms.
4. Missed Doses: In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible unless it’s almost time for your next dose. Don’t double dose to catch up.
5. Side Effects: You may experience some side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, etc. If you notice any adverse effects, contact your doctor promptly.
Last but not least, avoid alcohol consumption and inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding. Your doctor should also know your complete medical history, including any medications you’re on (prescription, non-prescription, or herbal supplements), as certain medicines can interact with Cedon 200mg Tablet DT.
This is a general guide, and it’s important to follow the advice of your healthcare provider as the usage might differ based on your specific condition and health status.
Working Mechanism of Cedon 200mg Tablet DT
Cedon 200mg Tablet DT is an antibiotic medication that contains Cefixime as its main active ingredient. It’s primarily used to treat various types of bacterial infections.
Here is a simple explanation of its working mechanism:
1. Cefixime, the active ingredient in Cedon 200 mg, belongs to a class of drugs known as cephalosporin antibiotics, which are similar to penicillin.
2. This medication works by inhibiting the synthesis of the peptidoglycan layer of the bacterial cell wall. The peptidoglycan layer is important for cell wall structural integrity, and the bacteria cannot survive without it.
3. By interfering with the final step of bacterial cell wall synthesis, which involves cross-linking the peptidoglycan strands, Cefixime inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis and enhances the rupture of the bacterial cell wall. This leads to the death of the bacteria, thus treating the infection.
It’s important to note that Cedon 200mg Tablet DT only treats bacterial infections. It will not work for viral infections (such as common cold, flu). Unnecessary use or misuse of any antibiotic can lead to its decreased effectiveness.
Also, remember to take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Safety Advice of Cedon 200mg Tablet DT
Cedon 200mg Tablet DT (Dissolvable Tablet) is a medicine given to reduce symptoms of inflammation and pain. For its safety and proper usage, the following advice should be kept in mind:
1. Do not consume Cedon 200mg Tablet DT if you are allergic to it or have a history of allergic reactions to the ingredients in the medication.
2. It should not be taken on an empty stomach as it can cause gastric irritation. For best results, take it with food or immediately after a meal.
3. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should use it with caution and only if necessary, after consulting a doctor; there is limited information regarding the safety of this medication for these groups.
4. Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor as it can lead to adverse effects.
5. It may cause dizziness or drowsiness in some people. Avoid driving or operating machinery if you experience these side effects.
6. Inform your doctor if you suffer from any kidney or liver diseases so they can adjust the dose accordingly.
7. It should be used with caution in patients with heart disease.
8. Do not consume alcohol while taking this medication as it can increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
9. Always consult your doctor before starting any new medicine.
Note: This advice is general in nature, it’s mandatory to consult with your healthcare provider for specific advice based on your medical history and condition.
What if you forgot to take Cedon 200mg Tablet DT
Cedon 200mg Tablet DT contains Ibuprofen, which is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It’s typically used for relieving pain, inflammation, and fever.
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed one and return to your regular dosing schedule. Don’t double up to make up for a missed dosage.
Consistently missing doses can decrease the effectiveness of the medication and increase the likelihood of the body developing resistance to the drug.
Remember: It’s important not to exceed the prescribed daily dose. If you’re not sure about what to do after missing a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
FAQ’s about Cedon 200mg Tablet DT
Cedon 200mg Tablet DT is usually used to help treat bacterial infections by stopping the growth of bacteria. It is primarily used for infections related to the ear and nose, throat, chest, skin, and urinary tract.
Here are some common FAQs related to antibacterial medicines:
1. How should I take Cedon 200mg Tablet DT?
This medicine should be taken as directed by your doctor. It’s typically taken with food to avoid any stomach upset.
2. Can I stop taking the medicine when I feel better?
No, you should continue to take the medicine for the full prescribed length of time, even if symptoms rapidly improve.
3. What should I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s close to your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule.
4. Are there any side effects?
Some possible side effects include diarrhea, stomach pain, nausea, and vomiting.
5. Can I take it with other medicines?
Always inform your doctor about the current list of medicines you’re taking, as there may be potential drug interactions.
Please always contact your healthcare provider for more specific and accurate information about this medication.
Useful links from journals for Cedon 200mg Tablet DT
“Cedon 200mg Tablet DT” is a medicine that contains the active ingredient “Paracetamol” or “Acetaminophen,” commonly used for pain relief and to reduce fever.
Here are some key places to find useful information online:
1. PubMed: It’s a free search engine accessing primarily the MEDLINE database of references and abstracts on life sciences and biomedical topics. You can simply type in “Paracetamol” or “Acetaminophen” as a keyword. Here’s the link to the website: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/.
2. ScienceDirect: This is a full-text scholarly database offering journal articles and book chapters from more than 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and more than 11,000 books. You can find it here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/.
3. Google Scholar: Is a freely accessible web search engine that indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines. You can use “Paracetamol” or “Acetaminophen” as a keyword for your search. Website link: https://scholar.google.com/.
4. The Cochrane Library: The Cochrane Library (named after Archie Cochrane) is a collection of databases in medicine containing high-quality independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making. Visit the website here: https://www.cochranelibrary.com/.
Remember to always look for recent articles for the most up-to-date information. It is advisable to read articles from peer-reviewed journals. These are usually more reliable as they have been reviewed by experts in the field before publishing.
All substitutes in USA and India of Cedon 200mg Tablet DT
Cedon 200mg Tablet DT is a medication of the ibuprofen class, used for relieving pain and inflammation.
Here are some substitutes available in USA and India:
1. Malidens 200 DT Tablet
2. Bruriff 200mg Tablet DT
3. Ibrufen 200mg Tablet DT
4. Senflam 200mg Tablet DT
5. Maxofen 200mg Tablet DT
Please consult your doctor or pharmacist about the appropriate substitution based on your medical history and current medication status, as different brands of the same medication may have different effects on individuals.