Product Introduction of Cartigen DN Tablet
Cartigen DN Tablet is an oral medication designed and manufactured to help alleviate the symptoms associated with osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis is a condition characterized by the breakdown and eventual loss of the cartilage of one or more joints. This can lead to anxiety and discomfort, impacting the quality of life of the sufferer. The Cartigen DN Tablet combats this by aiding in the repair of cartilage in the body.
The active ingredients in Cartigen DN Tablet are Diclofenac and Diacerein. Diclofenac is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that works by reducing substances in the body that cause pain and inflammation. Diacerein is an anthraquinone derivative which works by inhibiting an enzyme called interleukin-1 beta which causes the breakdown of cartilage in the body.
It helps decrease pain and inflammation in the joints and can improve joint flexibility and function, leading to a better overall quality of life.
It is important to note that while the Cartigen DN Tablet can help manage the symptoms of arthritis, it is not a cure and it should always be taken as advised by the healthcare professional. Always consult with a health professional before starting any new medication.
Uses of Cartigen DN Tablet
Cartigen DN Tablet is a medication often used in treating symptoms associated with osteoarthritis. It is a combination medicine that helps in reducing pain and inflammation in the joints and helps improve the overall mobility of the joints.
Here are some of the main uses:
1) Osteoarthritis: It is widely used to treat osteoarthritis. It reduces pain and inflammation in the joints, allowing for improved mobility.
2) Diacerein, a key ingredient in this medicine, decreases the breakdown of cartilage in osteoarthritis and promotes cartilage repair. This slows down the progression of the disease.
3) Glucosamine, another component, is a naturally occurring substance that helps in the formation and repair of cartilage.
4) Reducing joint pain and inflammation: Cartigen DN is a powerful analgesic and anti-inflammatory agent, making it highly effective in alleviating joint pain and inflammation.
Remember, this is a prescription medicine and should only be taken under the guidance of a healthcare professional. Also, it is important for patients to inform their doctor about all other medications they are currently taking, as well as their full medical history, to avoid any potential drug interactions or adverse effects.
Benefits of Cartigen DN Tablet
Cartigen DN Tablet is typically prescribed by doctors to treat and prevent conditions related to joints and bones. Here are some of the key benefits:
1. Pain Relief: It provides relief from pain and stiffness in conditions like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
2. Improves Mobility: It can help in improving joint mobility and flexibility by stimulating the synthesis of collagen in the joint cartilage.
3. Reduces Inflammation: It has anti-inflammatory properties which reduces swelling and inflammation in joints.
4. Cartilage Health: It helps in maintaining the health of cartilage by supporting repair and regeneration.
5. Reduces Progression of Arthritis: Regular intake, as advised by the doctor, may limit the progression of arthritis over a period of time.
6. Safe to Use: Generally, it is well-tolerated with minimal side effects when taken as prescribed.
However, although it offers these benefits, it is essential to consume this medication under the supervision of a health care provider. Always consult your doctor before starting any medication.
Side Effects of Cartigen DN Tablet
Cartigen DN is a prescription drug used to treat conditions like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. While it usually doesn’t cause any significant issues, it may have certain side effects, like any other medication.
Possible side effects might include:
1. Nausea: Some people might feel nauseated after taking the medication.
2. Diarrhea: Some people might experience digestive issues such as diarrhea.
3. Constipation: It can also affect your body’s digestion system causing constipation.
4. Dizziness: One might feel dizzy or lightheaded after taking this medication.
5. Headache: Many medicines can sometimes trigger a headache and Cartigen DN is no exception.
6. Skin Rash: Some individuals might develop skin rashes as a result of an allergic reaction to the drug.
These side effects are generally mild and transient. If any of these effects persist or worsen, you should consult your doctor immediately. Please remember you need to take this medication under doctor’s supervision. It’s important to communicate all your symptoms to the doctor, who may monitor these effects closely and adjust your dosages cautiously. Always talk to your healthcare provider about any concerns or unusual symptoms you experience while on this medication.
How to Use Cartigen DN Tablet
Cartigen DN Tablet is a medicine used for the treatment of Osteoarthritis, a condition characterized by joint pain, swelling and stiffness. It helps to reduce pain and inflammation, restoring joint mobility. The medicine is typically used in the form of oral tablets.
Steps to taking Cartigen DN Tablet:
1. Follow your doctor’s prescription carefully. The amount of medicine that you need to take depends on the strength of the medicine and the reason you are taking it.
2. Cartigen DN is usually taken with food. This helps to prevent potential stomach upset.
3. Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water. Don’t crush, chew, or break it.
4. Try to take the medicine exactly as directed at the same time each day. It is important not to miss doses.
1. Cartigen DN may not be suitable for some people. Make sure you tell your doctor if you have any other medical conditions, especially those related to the liver, kidneys or heart.
2. If you’re pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, notify your doctor before beginning this medication.
3. If you experience any negative side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, or any other unusual effects, call your doctor immediately.
4. It’s important not to exceed the recommended dose without talking to your doctor as it may lead to potential harm.
Important Note: This information provided is general in nature. Always follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist, as they will be aware of your specific condition and situation.
Remember, all medicines have potential side effects and risks, some may work well for you, some may not. Your doctor is the best person to help you decide if a medication is right for you. Always consult your healthcare provider before starting any new medication.
Working Mechanism of Cartigen DN Tablet
Cartigen DN Tablet is an oral medication used for the treatment of conditions like osteoarthritis and arthritis of the knee. The tablet primarily contains two active ingredients – Diacerein and Glucosamine.
1. Diacerein: Diacerein belongs to a class of medications called anthraquinones. It works by inhibiting a protein called Interleukin-1 (IL-1) which is involved in the inflammation and destruction of cartilage in the joints. This inhibition helps reduce pain and swelling in the joints.
2. Glucosamine: Glucosamine is a natural bio-chemical found in the human body, particularly in the fluid around the joints. It plays a vital role in maintaining the health of cartilage – the rubbery tissue that cushions bones at the joints. Glucosamine in medication form helps in the formation of cartilage and keeps the joints lubricated for better movement and flexibility.
When combined in Cartigen DN, Diacerein and Glucosamine work together to alleviate the symptoms of joint disorders like stiffness and pain, repair cartilage damage, and enhance joint flexibility.
However, Cartigen DN Tablet should be taken under medical supervision, as it may have potential side effects. It is advised to be taken with food to avoid any gastro-intestinal discomfort.
Patients with conditions like diabetes and heart disease, pregnant or lactating women, and individuals allergic to shellfish (as glucosamine is often sourced from shellfish), should make sure to inform their doctor before taking this medication.
Safety Advice of Cartigen DN Tablet
Cartigen DN Tablet is used for the relief of joint pain due to osteoarthritis. Here are some safety tips for using this tablet:
1. Allergies: Tell your doctor if you have any allergies, especially to the ingredients in the Cartigen DN tablet.
2. Alcohol: Avoid consuming alcohol while on these tablets, as it may increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
3. Driving: It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. So, do not drive or operate machinery until you know how the medication affects you.
4. Kidney Disease: If you have a history of kidney disease, consult your doctor before taking this medicine, as it may adversely affect your kidneys.
5. Pregnancy & Breastfeeding: Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid using this product unless specifically directed by a healthcare provider.
6. Other Medicines: Inform your doctor about other medicines you’re taking to avoid any potential drug interactions.
7. Dosage: Always take the medicine as per the prescribed dosage. Overdose can lead to serious side effects.
Remember, this medication is typically prescribed for individuals with osteoarthritis symptoms, and should not be used for other aching joints without the advice of a healthcare provider. Changes to your medication routine should always go through a healthcare provider to avoid harmful side effects or other health problems.
What if you forgot to take Cartigen DN Tablet
If you forget to take a dose of Cartigen DN, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double dose. Cartigen DN is usually prescribed for managing osteoarthritis symptoms, and missing a dose could potentially lead to increased symptoms like joint pain or stiffness.
However, it’s important you consult your doctor or pharmacist, since the specific impact may vary depending on your medical history or individual circumstances. Always follow the instructions of your medical professional.
FAQ’s about Cartigen DN Tablet
Cartigen DN is a prescription medication commonly used for treatment of osteoarthritis, a condition that leads to joint inflammation and pain. Here are some FAQs related to Cartigen DN Tablet:
1. What is Cartigen DN Tablet?
Cartigen DN Tablet is a combination of two medicines, Diacerein and Glucosamine, which relieves osteoarthritis symptoms.
2. How should I take Cartigen DN Tablet?
It’s usually taken with food. The dose and duration will be decided by your doctor based on your condition.
3. What are the side effects?
Some common side effects include nausea, diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, heartburn, and discoloration of urine. If any of these symptoms persist or worsen, you should contact your doctor immediately.
4. Can I take Cartigen DN Tablet while pregnant or breastfeeding?
You should tell your doctor if you’re pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding. The doctor will weigh the benefits and any potential risks before prescribing it to you.
5. Can I drink alcohol while taking Cartigen DN Tablet?
It’s not known if alcohol interacts with this medicine. However, you should always consult your doctor before consuming alcohol when on medication.
6. What should I do if I forget a dose?
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed one and continue your regular schedule. Don’t double your dose to make up for the missed one.
7. How is Cartigen DN Tablet stored?
This medication should be stored at room temperature, away from heat and direct light.
Remember, these FAQs are meant to provide a general overview and may not cover all the possible issues related to Cartigen DN Tablet. Always consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you have regarding your medication.
Useful links from journals for Cartigen DN Tablet
Cartigen DN is a medication most commonly used for the treatment of osteoarthritis. The primary ingredients in this tablet are Diclofenac Sodium and Diacerein.
A few useful links from journals related to these ingredients are:
[Diclofenac use in patients with osteoarthritis: GI safety profile](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3150017/)
[Efficacy and Safety of Diclofenac Compared With Nonselective Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs in Patients With Osteoarthritis](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26313851)
[Diacerein: Benefits, Risks and Place in the Management of Osteoarthritis. An Opinion-Based Report from the ESCEO](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4756048/)
[Efficacy and Safety of Diacerein in Osteoarthritis: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trials](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25737464)
Please do ensure to consult your healthcare practitioner before changing therapy, starting a new medication or making health-related decisions based on the information.
Facts about Cartigen DN Tablet
Cartigen DN Tablet is a medication generally used to relieve pain and inflammation in conditions like osteoarthritis. It is a combination medicine, consisting of two key ingredients: Diacerein and Glucosamine.
1. Diacerein: This component works by reducing the breakdown of cartilages in the joints, thereby relieving the symptoms of osteoarthritis, like pain and inflammation.
2. Glucosamine: Glucosamine is a naturally occurring human metabolite that is important for maintaining the elasticity, strength and resilience of cartilage in joints. Glucosamine in the tablet helps to rebuild and repair wear and tear in the cartilage and keeps joints flexible and mobile.
Some important points while taking this medication:
1. Cartigen DN should ideally be taken with food as this prevents any potential gastric irritation.
2. Prolonged use of the drug should only be on doctor’s prescription and supervision.
3. Certain side effects such as diarrhea, constipation, heartburn, nausea, or bloating may occur.
4. If you are allergic to any of the drugs in Cartigen DN, it should be avoided.
5. If you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or are breastfeeding, consult your doctor before using this medication.
This medicine should also be used with caution in patients with severe kidney or liver disease. In addition, it may take several weeks to see treatment benefits. Remember it is generally used as a long-term treatment.
Please note that, while it is designed to relieve symptoms of bone-related problems, it does not cure the disease, but can significantly improve the lifestyle quality of those suffering from osteoarthritis or similar conditions.
As with any medication, always follow the directions given by your doctor for use/dosage, and report if you notice any odd symptoms or side-effects. It’s also a good idea to check with your healthcare provider if it’s safe for you based on your overall health condition.
All substitutes in USA and India of Cartigen DN Tablet
Cartigen DN is a combination medicine used for the treatment of osteoarthritis. It reduces pain and inflammation by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers. It also reduces friction in the joints and keep them lubricated for smooth movement.
In USA & India, there are several medications available that offer the same benefits as Cartigen DN. They may not contain the exact same combination of ingredients, but they are used for the same purpose of relieving joint pain and inflammation related to arthritis.
1. Glucosamine Sulphate – Many different brands of this supplement are available in the US market. E.g. MOVE FREE Advanced Plus MSM, Schiff Glucosamine HCl.
2. Chondroitin and Glucosamine – Common brands include Osteo Bi-Flex, Schiff Move Free, Cosamin DS, etc.
Please note these medication names may not be the exact substitute of Cartigen DN but are used for the same indications in USA. Also, some may be available as dietary supplements.
1. Fleximove Tablet – Cipla Ltd
2. Cartigen DN Tablet – Pharmed Ltd
3. Joinix-D Tablet – Helios Pharmaceuticals
4. Ostovit-DN Tablet – D.R.Johns Lab Pharma Pvt Ltd
5. Cartigen Forte Tablet – Pharmed Ltd
These are just a few examples. There are others available too. Always remember, it is important to consult with your doctor or pharmacist before switching medications to ensure that the new medication is right for you and will not interact negatively with any other medications you may be taking. Also please note everyone’s body response towards a medicine could be different, it’s crucial to monitor any side effects and immediately report to healthcare provider.