Product Introduction of Allegra 120mg Tablet
Allegra 120mg Tablet is a prescription medicine used to treat symptoms of allergy such as runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, and itching of the nose or throat. It’s an antihistamine that works by inhibiting the action of a substance in the body called histamine which is produced by the body in response to a foreign substance such as pollen, pet dander, dust mites, or certain foods that causes allergic reactions.
This medicine can also be used to treat or prevent urticaria (hives) and allergic skin condition. Allegra 120mg Tablet is usually taken once a day and can be taken with or without food. However, it’s advised to follow the doctor’s direction on when to take this medication to get the most benefit from it.
It’s also important to note that while Allegra 120mg Tablet helps relieve symptoms of allergies, it does not prevent the body from reacting to an allergen when an allergic reaction occurs. As always, potential side effects and interactions with other drugs should be discussed with a healthcare professional before use.
This tablet should not be used in children under 2 years without medical advice. Always consult with your doctor for any health related issues or before starting a new medication.
Uses of Allegra 120mg Tablet
Allegra 120mg Tablet, also known by its active ingredient Fexofenadine, is an antihistamine medication primarily used to relieve allergy symptoms such as runny nose, itching or watering eyes, sneezing, hives, and itching of the nose, throat, or skin.
It works by blocking the action of histamine, a substance in the body that causes allergic symptoms. It does not prevent the actual allergic reaction, but it can reduce the symptoms of the reaction.
Beyond allergies, it’s also occasionally used to reduce the symptoms of a condition called chronic idiopathic urticaria, which is a persistent hive-like rash or swelling just beneath the skin surface.
As with all medications, it’s important to follow the dosage and administration instructions given by your healthcare professional. Keep in mind that while it helps to reduce symptoms, it is not a definitive cure for allergies. Please inform your physician of any other medications you’re taking, including vitamins and supplements, and any pre-existing conditions or allergies you have, as these factors could affect its effectiveness or safety.
Benefits of Allegra 120mg Tablet
Allegra 120mg tablets, also known as Fexofenadine, are primarily used to alleviate symptoms associated with allergies. Here are some key potential benefits of using this medication:
1. Relief from Allergy Symptoms: Allegra 120mg tablet is effective in treating symptoms of seasonal allergies like hay fever, such as sneezing, itchy or watery eyes, and runny or stuffy nose.
2. Chronic Urticaria: This medicine can also treat skin conditions like chronic idiopathic urticaria (a type of rash or hives that occur without a known reason). It helps reduce redness, swelling, and itching caused by this condition.
3. Fast-Acting: The effects of Allegra can typically be felt within one hour of consumption, providing prompt relief from uncomfortable allergy symptoms.
4. Non-Drowsy: Unlike many other antihistamines, Allegra is designed to not cause drowsiness. This allows users to carry on with their daily activities without feeling tired or lethargic.
5. Long Lasting: The effects of Allegra can last for up to 24 hours, providing relief all day or night.
6. Safe: When used as directed, Allegra is generally safe to consume and has a low risk of side effects.
Remember, before starting any new medication, it’s important to discuss with your doctor or healthcare professional, to consider your personal health circumstances and potential interactions with other medicines you’re taking.
Side Effects of Allegra 120mg Tablet
Allegra 120mg Tablet (generic name: Fexofenadine) is an antihistamine mainly used to treat symptoms of allergies such as sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose. However, like all medication, it may cause side effects in some people. Common side effects of Allegra include:
1. Headache: This may occur in some individuals taking Allegra. If the headaches persist or become severe, it is advised to speak with your healthcare provider.
2. Dizziness: Some people may experience dizziness, which may be more noticeable when you first start taking the medication.
3. Nausea: Some individuals might feel an upset stomach or feel like they are going to vomit.
4. Sleepiness or Unusual Tiredness: Though this is less common, some people may feel drowsy or more tired than usual.
5. Dry mouth: This is a less common side effect, but some people might experience a dry mouth.
6. Less common or rare side effects include menstrual cramps, cough, fever, or trouble sleeping
Note: This is not a full list of side effects, and others may occur. Not everyone experiences these side effects, some may experience none at all. Always inform your doctor if you experience any adverse effects. Also keep in mind that your doctor has prescribed this medication because they believe the benefits to you outweigh the risk of side effects.
How to Use Allegra 120mg Tablet
Allegra 120mg Tablet (Fexofenadine) is an antihistamine used to treat symptoms such as itching, runny nose, or watery eyes caused by seasonal allergies or hives.
Here’s how to use it:
1. Dosage: Always use Allegra 120mg Tablet exactly as your doctor has told you. This will depend on your condition and whether you are taking any other medicines. If you’re unsure, consult with a healthcare professional.
2. When to Take it: Allegra 120mg is usually taken once or twice a day. Try to take it at the same time each day – this will help you remember.
3. Taking the Tablet: The tablet is to be swallowed, not chewed or crushed. You can take this medicine with food or on an empty stomach. However, it’s advised not to consume it with fruit juice as it might affect the medicine’s effectiveness.
4. Side Effects: Just like all medicines, Allegra 120mg may cause side effects. Possible side effects could include headaches, drowsiness, nausea, or dizziness among others. If any of these side effects persist, inform your doctor.
5. Warnings and Precautions: Before starting this medication, inform your doctor if you have any serious health conditions like kidney disease, liver disease, or any allergies. This medicine is generally considered safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding but always consult your doctor.
6. Missed Dose and Overdose: If you miss a dose, try to take it as soon as you remember. However, if the time is closer to your next dosage, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Never take a double dose to make up for a forgotten one. In case of overdose, seek immediate medical attention.
Remember, never share your medications with others and use this medication only for the condition prescribed. Always consult your healthcare provider before starting or stop using any medication.
Disclaimer: This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not replace professional medical advice. Always talk to a healthcare professional for any medical concerns or questions.
Working Mechanism of Allegra 120mg Tablet
Allegra 120mg Tablet, also known as Fexofenadine hydrochloride, is an antihistamine medication used to relieve allergy symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing, itchy or watery eyes, itchy throat, and sinus congestion.
Here’s how it works:
When your body encounters something it’s allergic to, it releases chemicals called histamines. Histamines bind to certain sites on cells to cause an allergic reaction, like sneezing, itchy eyes, and a runny nose.
Fexofenadine, the active ingredient in Allegra, is an antihistamine. It works by blocking histamines, preventing them from binding to these sites on cells. This action helps mitigate the typical symptoms of allergies.
The 120mg tablet provides 24-hour relief, meaning the medication continues to block the effects of histamines throughout the day.
It’s worth mentioning that while Allegra 120mg tablet treats the symptoms, it does not cure the underlying cause of the allergies.
As every medication, it’s essential that Allegra be taken under the supervision and guidance of a healthcare professional, and always be taken as prescribed to maximize its benefits and minimize potential side effects.
Safety Advice of Allegra 120mg Tablet
Allegra, or Fexofenadine, is an antihistamine used to relieve allergy symptoms such as watery eyes, runny nose, itching eyes/nose, sneezing, hives, and itching. It works by blocking a certain natural substance (histamine) that your body makes during an allergic reaction.
Here are some safety advice can be considered:
1. Do not take Allegra if you are allergic to Fexofenadine or any other ingredients in this medication.
2. It’s recommended to take this medication with water, avoiding fruit juices such as apple, orange, or grapefruit as they can decrease the absorption of this drug.
3. Avoid taking antacids within 15 minutes before or after taking Allegra. Antacids can make it harder for your body to absorb this medication.
4. If you have a kidney disease, consult your doctor before taking Allegra as dosage may need to be adjusted.
5. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten tablet, just continue with the next dose at the regular time.
6. For some people, this medicine may cause dizziness or sleepiness. If this happens to you, don’t drive or use machinery.
7. Avoid alcohol while taking this medication as it might increase the chances of side effects.
8. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should only use this product if clearly needed and under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
Remember, it’s always recommended to consult your doctor or a healthcare professional before starting any new medications and if you experience any side effects.
What if you forgot to take Allegra 120mg Tablet
If you forget to take a dose of Allegra (Fexofenadine) 120mg, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is nearly time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next one at its regular time. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one without consulting your healthcare provider.
Missing a dose may cause your symptoms (like hay fever or skin itching) to temporarily return or worsen. However, it’s important to remember that this medication is generally used to manage symptoms and is not a cure.
Remember to take the medication as directed by your doctor and if you continually forget to take your dose, it may be worth setting an alarm or reminder.
Remember, every patient’s situation is different, and this advice is rather general in nature. Your healthcare provider may give you advice that is more specific to your situation. Always consult your healthcare provider with any medication concerns or questions.
FAQ’s about Allegra 120mg Tablet
1. What is the Allegra 120mg Tablet used for?
– Allegra tablet is used to treat symptoms of seasonal allergies such as sneezing, runny nose, watery and itchy eyes, sore throat, and sinus discomfort.
2. What is the active ingredient in the Allegra 120mg Tablet?
– The active ingredient in Allegra 120mg is Fexofenadine.
3. How to take Allegra 120mg tablet?
– The tablet should be swallowed whole with water, preferably on an empty stomach. It is generally recommended to take one tablet per day.
4. Can I take Allegra 120mg Tablet while pregnant or breastfeeding?
– It is essential to consult your doctor before using this medication if you are pregnant or nursing.
5. Can I drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this medication?
– Allegra may cause dizziness in some people. If you feel dizzy or drowsy, it is better to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery.
6. What are the potential side effects of Allegra 120mg Tablet?
– Some common side effects include headache, drowsiness, nausea, and dizziness. You should seek medical help immediately if any of these persist or you experience any severe side effects.
7. Can I take this medicine if I have a kidney or liver disease?
– Patients with kidney or liver disease should use this medication with caution, as it can build up in the body. Always consult your doctor before starting any new medication.
8. Can I consume alcohol while on Allegra?
– It’s recommended to avoid alcohol as it may enhance the drowsiness effect of this drug.
9. What should I do if I miss a dose?
– If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal schedule.
10. How should I store the Allegra 120mg Tablet?
– Allegra 120mg should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight and heat, and out of reach of children.
Remember to always consult with a healthcare professional or pharmacist if you have any further questions or concerns regarding Allegra 120mg tablets.
Facts about Allegra 120mg Tablet
Allegra 120mg Tablet is an over-the-counter medication that is used to relieve symptoms of allergies, such as itchy eyes, runny nose, and sneezing.
1. Active Ingredient: The main active ingredient in this medication is Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, which belongs to a class of drugs known as antihistamines.
2. Function: Fexofenadine works by blocking a certain natural substance called histamine that your body makes during an allergic reaction.
3. Usage: It is typically taken by mouth with water, and can be taken with or without food. However, you should avoid taking it with fruit juice as it can decrease the absorption of this medication.
4. Side Effects: Some common side effects might include headaches, dizziness, nausea, and drowsiness. If these effects persist or worsen, you should consult your doctor.
5. Precautions: You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to fexofenadine or any other ingredients in the medicine. You should also inform your doctor if you have a history of heart problems, kidney disease, or liver disease, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
6. Overdose: Taking too much of this medicine can lead to increased heart rate, drowsiness, and dry mouth. If you have accidentally taken a larger dose, seek medical attention immediately.
Remember, it’s important to follow your doctor’s instructions when taking Allegra 120mg Tablet, or any other medication, to ensure it’s safe and effective for you.
All substitutes in USA and India of Allegra 120mg Tablet
Allegra 120mg Tablet is a popular antihistamine used to relieve symptoms of allergies, such as runny nose, sneezing, itchy or watery eyes, and itching of the nose or throat. The active ingredient in Allegra is Fexofenadine.
Here some substitutes for Allegra 120mg in the USA and India:
1. Aller-Ease (Fexofenadine)
2. Wal-Fex (Fexofenadine)
3. Fexofenadine Hydrocholoride (generic name of this drug)
1. Fexy 120 Tablet
2. Fexotide 120 Tablet
3. FX 120 Tablet
4. Fexodine 120 Tablet
5. Histafree 120 Tablet
It’s important to note that it’s best to consult a health care provider before switching to a different medication to make sure it meets your needs and that is safe for you to use. Always follow the dosages advised by the doctor.