Product Introduction of Albendazole 400mg Tablet
Albendazole 400mg Tablet is a potent, broad-spectrum anthelmintic or anti-worm medication. It is primarily designed for the treatment and prevention of various types of worm and parasitic infections. This includes infections caused by roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, threadworms, pinworms and tapeworms. It can also be used to treat giardia and coinfections with multiple worms, which are common in developing countries.
The active ingredient in the Albendazole 400mg Tablet is Albendazole. Each tablet contains 400mg of Albendazole. The compound interferes with the proteins in either the worm’s intestine or absorptive cells. This leads to the worm’s death eventually and is excreted in the stool.
On taking it orally, it is poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract due to its low aqueous solubility. The systemic absorption of Albendazole increases when it is coadministered with a fatty meal, which increases its bioavailability up to fivefold.
The Albendazole 400mg tablet is only available upon the prescription by a healthcare provider. It is generally taken with food and must be swallowed whole to ensure its effectiveness. It is not recommended for use in children under two years old and pregnant women, unless advised by a healthcare provider.
Common side effects include nausea, abdominal pain, or dizziness. In case you experience severe symptoms like persistent sore throat, severe headache, seizures, vision changes, yellowing eyes or skin, and dark urine, consult your healthcare provider immediately.
Kindly note, this information should not be used in place of a consultation or advice provided by a healthcare professional. Always follow the instructions provided by your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Uses of Albendazole 400mg Tablet
Albendazole 400mg tablet is an antiparasitic medication used to treat a variety of parasitic worm infestations. Here are the primary uses of this tablet:
1. Hydatid Disease: It is used to treat a type of tapeworm infection called hydatid disease, which affects the liver, lungs, and peritoneum.
2. Neurocysticercosis: This condition is caused by pork tapeworms. Albendazole is utilized to treat this infection which affects the brain, muscles and other tissues.
3. Enterobiasis: This is a tiny worm infection which primarily affects children around the world. This condition is also called pinworm infection and albendazole is used for its treatment.
4. Ascariasis, Trichuriasis, and Hookworm infections: Albendazole 400mg tablet is used in the treatment of these roundworm infections.
5. Strongyloidiasis and Giardiasis: These are intestinal infections caused by the roundworm Strongyloides stercoralis and the protozoan Giardia lamblia respectively. Albendazole is effective in treating these infections too.
6. Cutaneous Larva Migrans: This is a skin infection caused by hookworms; albendazole helps control and treat this condition.
Please note that Albendazole should be used under medical supervision as it may cause certain side effects. It should be taken as directed by a healthcare professional. If you have liver diseases or any other health condition, inform your doctor before taking this medication.
Benefits of Albendazole 400mg Tablet
Albendazole 400mg tablet is an anthelmintic or anti-worm medication. Here are some key benefits of this medicine:
1. Eliminates Parasitic Worms: Albendazole 400mg is primarily used to treat various parasitic worm infestations including tapeworm, hookworm, roundworm, or whipworm. It works by starving and killing the worms that are in and/or outside the gut.
2. Multiple Health Conditions: In addition to worm infestations, it can also be used in the management of conditions like hydatid disease, neurocysticercosis (a type of brain infection), enterobiasis (pinworm infection), and others.
3. Improves Nutritional Health: By eliminating parasitic worms, it improves nutritional health as these worms often cause malabsorption of nutrients in the body.
4. Easy to Use: Albendazole 400mg tablets are generally easy to administer, with most patients only needing to take a single dose.
5. Safety Record: Albendazole has a good safety record and side effects are generally mild when they occur.
However, as an important reminder, this medication should be used under the prescription and supervision of a healthcare provider as incorrect dosing or usage can lead to side effects or decreased effectiveness. In addition, specific populations (pregnant women, women of childbearing age, children under two, etc.) need proper consideration before use due to potential adverse reactions.
Side Effects of Albendazole 400mg Tablet
Albendazole 400mg tablets are antiparasitic medicine used for treating various infections caused by parasites. While they can be very effective, they can also cause a number of side effects. Not everyone experiences them, but for those who do, they may include:
1. Headache: This is a very common side effect of Albendazole.
2. Nausea or Vomiting: Some might feel sick and vomit due to the medication.
3. Dizziness: Some people experience a spinning sensation or unsteadiness after taking the drug.
4. Abdominal Pain: You may feel discomfort or pain in the stomach.
5. Fever: Body temperature could increase.
6. Hair Loss: In few cases, thinning or loss of hair could be observed.
7. Elevated Liver Enzymes: This drug may raise your liver enzyme levels, which could impact liver function.
It’s important to remember that although these side effects are possible, they’re not guaranteed. Many people use Albendazole 400mg tablets with no problems at all. If you’re concerned about potential side effects, it’s best to discuss the medication with your doctor or a pharmacist.
In case you notice serious side effects like persistent nausea/vomiting, severe dizziness, dark urine, yellowing eyes/skin, or unusual/extreme tiredness, inform your doctor immediately as these could be signs of a liver disease. And also shut down any consumption of alcohol as it can elevate liver issues.
Please note that this list of side effects isn’t exhaustive and everyone reacts differently to medication. Always take it as directed by your healthcare provider.
How to Use Albendazole 400mg Tablet
Albendazole is an antiparasitic medication used to treat various types of worm infections. It’s crucial to take the medication exactly as your doctor or pharmacist recommends for it to be effective. Here is a simple guide on how to use Albendazole 400mg tablet:
1. Dosage: The usual dose is 400 mg taken once. This can vary depending on the specific worm infection you’re treating and the patient’s age, weight, and overall health.
2. Administration: This medication is typically taken orally. You should swallow the tablet whole with water – do not chew, break, or crush the tablet as it can alter the drug’s effect.
3. Whether to take it with or without food: You should take Albendazole with food. This is because eating increases the amount of medicine your body absorbs, making it more effective.
4. Duration of treatment: The length of your treatment depends on your condition and how well you respond to the medication. Do not stop taking the medication until you’ve completed the treatment course prescribed by your doctor, even if you start to feel better.
5. Missed Doses: If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s nearly time for your next dose, skip the missed one. Never take two doses at once to make up for a forgotten one.
6. Overdose: If you accidentally take more Albendazole than you should, seek medical help immediately.
7. Storage: Keep it out of children’s reach. Store at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture.
Remember, Albendazole 400mg tablets should only be used under a doctors supervision. Make sure you inform your doctor if you have liver disease, have had abnormal liver function tests, if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Never share your medication with someone else, even if they have similar symptoms.
Working Mechanism of Albendazole 400mg Tablet
Albendazole is an anthelmintic drug used to treat certain infections caused by worms. Here’s how the It works:
When Albendazole is ingested, it works by inhibiting the polymerization of beta-tubulin, an essential protein for the worms’ survival and reproduction. Without this protein, the worms’ transport and structural systems are compromised, essentially preventing them from feeding and reproducing.
Once the worms’ systems have been hampered, their life cycle cannot continue, which aids in decreasing their numbers and removing them from the host’s system. This is achieved through the body’s natural elimination processes, primarily through the feces.
The 400mg tablet of Albendazole is typically a single-dose treatment, meaning only one dose is usually needed. It can be taken with or without food and should be chewed before you swallow it. However, a healthcare professional may decide a different dosage or regimen depending on the type and severity of the infection.
It’s important to note that while Albendazole is effective against a variety of worm infections, it is not effective against all types of worm infestations, and should be used under proper medical guidance.
Safety Advice of Albendazole 400mg Tablet
Albendazole 400mg Tablet is an antiparasitic medication used primarily in the treatment of a variety of parasitic worm infestations. Here are some safety advice for using this medication:
1. Medical History: Before starting the medication, ensure your doctor is informed about any underlying health conditions like liver disease, kidney disease, any allergies, or if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
2. Follow Prescribed Dosage: The medicine should be taken exactly as prescribed by your physician. Do not overdose or self-alter the dosage.
3. Not for Long-Term Use: Albendazole is usually given for only a few days. The duration, timing, and dosage of the drug should be strictly followed as per medical advice.
4. Consume with Food: It is advised to consume Albendazole 400mg Tablet with food to improve its absorption and effectiveness.
5. Hygiene Measures: To prevent re-infection, continue practicing good sanitary habits, such as washing hands especially before eating, wearing clean clothes, and maintaining personal hygiene.
6. Medical Checkups: Regular medical checkups are required to assess the effectiveness and any possible side-effects of the medication.
7. Not for All Ages: The medicine is usually not recommended for children under one year of age, unless specifically prescribed by the doctor.
8. Alcohol Consumption: It’s advised to refrain from consuming alcohol while on this treatment as it may magnify or bring additional health hazards.
Remember, Albendazole can cause side effects like dizziness, headache, vomiting or temporary hair loss. If you experience any severe side effects or allergic reactions, reach out to your healthcare provider immediately. Regular blood tests may also be necessary to monitor your condition and check for possible side effects.
Always consult your healthcare provider for any medications to ensure it’s safe for your specific condition and circumstances.
What if you forgot to take Albendazole 400mg Tablet
If you forget to take your dose of Albendazole 400mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and just continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking two doses at once to make up for the missed one as it may lead to excess dosage.
Albendazole is an antiparasitic drug used to treat a variety of parasitic worm infestations. To get the best results and to avoid resistance developing in the worm populations, it is important to take the medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor or healthcare provider.
If you frequently forget doses, setting reminders may help. If the problem persists or if you have any concerns about your medication, it is recommended to consult with your healthcare provider for further advice.
FAQ’s about Albendazole 400mg Tablet
Sure, I can provide some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Albendazole 400mg tablets:
1. **What is Albendazole 400mg used for?**
Albendazole 400mg is primarily used to treat a variety of parasitic worm infestations such as neurocysticercosis which is caused by the pork tapeworm and hydatid disease.
2. **How should I take Albendazole 400mg tablets?**
It should be taken orally, typically once a day or as directed by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food, but it is often recommended to take it with a high fat meal for better absorption.
3. **What are the side effects of Albendazole 400mg?**
Common side effects may include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and temporary hair loss. Severe side effects are rare but can include serious allergic reactions, signs of liver disease or severe headaches.
4. **Can I take Albendazole 400mg during pregnancy?**
This medication is not recommended for pregnant women unless it is absolutely necessary, due to potential risk to the fetus.
5. **Can children take Albendazole 400mg?**
Yes, but the dosage and frequency are usually reduced for children, and it depends on the child’s body weight. Always speak to a healthcare professional for proper dosage instructions.
6. **Can I take Albendazole 400mg while I’m breastfeeding?**
It’s best to consult a healthcare professional, as Albendazole may pass into breast milk and could have undesirable effects on a nursing infant.
7. **How long does it take for Albendazole to work?**
The length of time it takes for Albendazole to work can vary depending on the type of parasite being treated, but patients might start to feel better within a few days. However, for complete cure, it should be taken as prescribed by the doctor.
Please remember to always consult with a healthcare provider before starting or stopping any medication.
And List out Possible research or clinical trails References about Albendazole 400mg Tablet
Albendazole is an anthelmintic (anti-worm) drug used to treat certain types of worm infections such as neurocysticercosis and hydatid disease. This drug works by reducing the growth and reproduction of worm cells, eventually leading to their death.
As of now, it’s important to know that research and clinical trials are continuously being conducted to offer the most updated and effective treatment strategies. However, here are a few references to past and ongoing studies related to the use of Albendazole 400mg tablet:
1. “Efficacy and safety of albendazole plus ivermectin, albendazole plus mebendazole, albendazole plus oxantel pamoate, and mebendazole alone against Trichuris trichiura and concomitant soil-transmitted helminth infections: a four-arm, randomised controlled trial” – Lancet Infectious Diseases (2015)
2. “Efficacy of single-dose and triple-dose albendazole and mebendazole against soil-transmitted helminths and Taenia spp.: a randomized controlled trial” – PLoS One (2012)
3. “Efficacy of current drugs against soil-transmitted helminth infections: systematic review and meta-analysis.” – Journal of the American Medical Association (2013)
4. For ongoing clinical trials, you can visit the U.S. National Library of Medicine’s registry of clinical trials at https://www.clinicaltrials.gov and enter “albendazole” into the search bar. The database is updated regularly and includes information on trials from around the world.
Remember, these are references to past and ongoing research. For the most current and accurate information, consult a healthcare or research professional. All treatment decisions should be made under the guidance of a healthcare provider.
Finally, it’s crucial to note that Albendazole 400mg tablet, like any other medication, should be taken only under the supervision of a healthcare professional. This drug may not be suitable for everyone and may result in certain side effects, so it’s crucial to consult a healthcare provider before beginning any new medication.
Facts about Albendazole 400mg Tablet
Albendazole 400mg Tablet is an anthelmintic or anti-worm medication. This medicine is used for treating a variety of parasitic worm infestations.
Here are some facts about this medicine:
1. **Purpose**: Albendazole 400mg Tablet is primarily used to treat infections caused by worms like flukes, tapeworm, roundworm, and hookworm. It may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
2. **How it works**: It works by preventing worms from absorbing sugars which they need to survive. This kills the worm and treats your infection.
3. **Dosage**: The dosage will depend on the condition for which it is taken. The usual dose for adults is 400mg taken once or twice daily. Always follow your doctor’s instructions.
4. **Side effects**: Some common side effects of this medication include nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain. More serious side effects may include allergic reactions, liver problems, and blood cell count changes. If you experience any unusual symptoms, contact a healthcare professional immediately.
5. **Precautions**: Before taking Albendazole 400mg Tablet, tell your doctor if you are allergic to it, or if you have any other allergies. Also, inform your doctor if you have any underlying health conditions such as liver disease or bone marrow suppression.
6. **Interaction with Other Medications**: Albendazole can interact with various other medications and potentially cause health complications. So, make sure to discuss with your doctor about the other drugs you are currently on.
7. **Pregnancy and Breastfeeding**: It is not recommended for use during pregnancy unless necessary and the potential risks clearly outweigh the benefits. It should be used with caution in breastfeeding women.
Remember that Albendazole 400mg Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your healthcare provider. The specifics mentioned above might vary depending on individual health conditions and the type of parasitic infection.
All substitutes in USA and India of Albendazole 400mg Tablet
Albendazole is an anthelmintic or anti-worm medication, used to treat and prevent infections caused by worms. The substitutes for Albendazole 400mg tablet in the USA and India are:
In the USA:
1. Albenza: This is the most common brand name of Albendazole available in the USA.
2. Valbazen: It is a liquid form of albendazole primarily meant for animals.
1. Zentel: Manufactured by Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
2. Bendex: Manufactured by Cipla Ltd.
3. Albendol: Manufactured by Micro Labs Ltd.
4. Noworm: Manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
5. Wormcure: Manufactured by Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Please consult your healthcare provider before choosing a substitute for your prescribed medication to ensure its safety and effectiveness for your specific situation. Do not self-medicate.